Swiss energy supplier SAK relies on BelVis+ for future-proof data acquisition in the power grid
3 July 2023
Because data volumes and requirements were constantly increasing with the ongoing smart meter rollout, the Swiss energy supplier St.Gallisch-Appenzellische Kraftwerke AG (SAK) was looking for a future-proof metering data management system (MDM). Now it is successfully relying on KISTERS BelVis+ to make the collection of mass data and the operational management of the power grid secure and more efficient.
BelVis+ simplifies data management as a multi-head-end system (HES) by seamlessly combining multiple head-end systems with a single MDM system. MDM staff no longer have to switch back and forth between different meter reading systems, accounts or workstations to manage all of SAK’s meters – it’s not only faster, but also clearer. New HES can be easily integrated via clearly defined interfaces.
SAK is thus ideally positioned to continue its smart meter rollout.
Benefits in terms of a secure power supply
- More efficient operational management, optimised processes, long-term savings in human resources
- Increased automation
- Flexible and efficient forwarding of data to different participants
- High stability and availability
- Standardisation of data and thus, among other things, easier quality control and troubleshooting, improved communication between employees, and hardly any adjustments in downstream systems (e.g. billing, EDM)
- Future: Efficient management of energy measurements and controls; consequently, basis for optimised use of flexibility potentials, new tariff models and more
Next steps and future strategy
SAK plans to further simplify its system landscape; BelVis+ will play a key role in managing the increasing complexity of the energy supply network. In particular, it will enable SAK to meet the increasing requirements in terms of data availability, protection and security.
BelVis+ will manage and distribute data from inputs and outputs at all grid levels (including consumers, generation plants, storage facilities). The system will be an important basis for, among other things, the use of flexibilities or for new tariff models.
We would like to thank our Swiss partner Optimatik AG and the IT service provider esolva, who introduced BelVis+ at SAK.