Data Centre of Climatological Data Archives
The evaluation of long-term time series is one of the central duties of climatology. Meteorological data describing the weather at the time of the measurement are collated to form indicators and calculation values that allow for the determination of trends over long periods of time. Actually, in terms of data processing, air quality monitoring and climatological time series data management are very similar. In both disciplines, input data are aggregated to form mean values, extreme values, percentiles or quantiles. Furthermore, statistical deviation indicators are calculated. Finally, the central management and editing of large amounts of data collected from distributed measurement stations is very similar to air quality monitoring.
AquisNet was originally designed as Data Centre software for ambient air quality monitoring networks, providing high-performing techniques that allow for an efficient management of long time series. Meteorological data processing is quite important in ambient air quality monitoring. Hence, the required numerical and graphical analysis functions are readily available.
- Tried and tested time series management with comprehensive possibilities for detailed examination of data quality
- Original time series are preserved and remain unchanged
- KISTERS' long-standing experience with data migration
- Powerful long-term data management
- Modular multi-tier architecture provides scalable solutions that can be installed on distributed servers to support load balancing.